Friday, November 21, 2008

By Special Request


A Great Blue Heron, by special request, for our wonderful Miss Birdie! This Heron was hanging out by the water. It wasn't napping as you can tell by those beadie little eyes that were watching me carefully. It wasn't looking for fish. It appeared to just be relaxing in the sun. I, as you can imagine, used the opportunity to snap some 40 shots from different angles and with different depth of field just to make sure that some of them came out nice!

2 comments:

compost in my shoe said...

Super shot. I love those opportunities!!!!!

Birdie said...

I can't believe you went out and got this shot just for me. Thank you! (And he posed. How'd you get him to stay?)

I love this bird. I think it's the curves it has, no matter the pose. The curve is the most appealing shape in nature and art. Lovely photo.