Sunday, April 30, 2006

Sun, Sun, Sun


What a glorious day. It was eye-blinding bright with a light breeze and not a cloud in the sky. After weeks of cloudy weekends, the sun is out in style.

I was torn between going to home depot to fix the faucet (which, by the way, really needed fixing) and going to the beach. Go figure. Leaky, drippy faucet or beach. Hmmmm... Well, okay, so the park and the zoo were in contention too. So, I hop in the car and I am seriously still debating back and forth between Home Depot and the Beach! I'm driving down the road and whoosh, drive past the turn off for Home Depot (as if there was any doubt) and off to the beach. The car is pre-loaded with the beach goodies anyhow (suntan lotion, shorts, beach towel, roller blades) so perhaps it was predesitined. Do you suppose there was ever any doubt?

Turns out it was early enough to get in a good 5 miles of skating along the bay, a quick visit to the grocery store, an even quicker visit to the plant nursery across the street (there were perishables in the car), a visit to home depot (yes, yes, it needed to be done) and a few hours left to fight with removing the old faucet and installing the new one.

The old faucet had corroded bad enough that I had to drill off the lock washer to get it off. I was not a happy camper as I sat curled up under the sink trying to drill, pry and bang off the corroded lock washer. Bits of metal were flying around and I was dearly hoping some stray water would not short out my drill (that would be really bad...). I now have much more appreciation for plumbers as well. Nevertheless, I have a brand spanking new faucet, the leak is gone and the sink and matching water filter are a pleasant burnished stainless. I'm pretty proud of myself. It's been a suprisingly productive day.

No comments: