Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Are Any Relationships Forever Any More?


Two of my best friends are breaking up after ten years of being together. Looking back, there were signs of them growing apart. They spent more time apart or with other people. They wanted different things out of the relationship. These were gaps they never closed.

No matter what the signs or the reasons, it is hard to imagine two very loving, caring people who you have always known as an item no longer together. It's hard to know what to say or how to be supportive. It's hard to lose the stability and familiarity of having them together. I suppose time will heal all sooner or later.

1 comment:

steve'swhirlyworld said...

I was in an LTR for 8 years, and everyone was "stunned" when we split. It is hard for those around the couple; however, sometimes I think the couple's break=up gets lost in others making it about them.
To answer your question "are any relationships forever any more?" I would like to think so. I'm just starting a new one, after being single for 4 years. I'm taking what I learned from the first relationship and applying it to this new one. I hope that it will be forever; i know I'm more willing and capable of making that happen this time.