Sunday, April 16, 2006

Happy Easter


Happy Easter! While a dark and cloudy morning threatened to dampen the Easter festivities, the sun crept out from behind it's veil to bring us a truly glorious afternoon.

Admittedly, I haven't done the Easter egg hunt thing in more years than I care to count. Last time I remember doing the egg hiding, the cousins and I hid an egg in my Aunt's grand piano and forgot it there only to be discovered via a very pungent odor two weeks later. Needless to say, the egg hiding was moved outside in future years and pretty much came to a halt once Grandma passed away, likely because none of the other Aunts wanted eggs hidden all over their houses.

However, in the theme of practicing random acts of kindness, I stopped at the store to pick up a dozen chocolate bunnies to celebrate having deposited my taxes at the Post Office. Admittedly, the bunnies were a big hit at the office and my only regret is that I didn't buy more. Have a Happy Easter!

1 comment:

steve'swhirlyworld said...

How nice to share the bunnies with your co-workers.

I remember when I was a kid and my dad and uncles hid all of the plastic eggs a dozen times for my 3 brothers, many cousins and me. After doing this way more than they wanted to, they quickly hid them under a door mat at the bottom of the steps. When we were called from inside the house, we came running down the steps, not knowing they were under the rug, and smashed the eggs with our little feet...Easter was over that year :)