Monday, September 29, 2008

Bad Hair Day?


Carribean Flamingo feeding. Let's say you're a flamingo but you're having a bad hair day. Maybe a bad feather day. Either way, you've got this rogue feather on top of your head that just won't come off. It's sticking up. All the other flamingos are keeping their distance. You've become flamingo anathema. Even the photographers are shunning you! What to do? No hands. Feet are too long to scratch up there? Sometimes you just have to grin and bear it. Kind of like that stock market, eh?

What, you say you need some Flamingo poetry? You say please? Oh, okay. Here it is. I call it, "The Lonely Flamingo."



  • Your feathers are all awry,

  • Nothing seems to work,

  • Your flock is getting snotty,

  • Your pals stay far away,

  • Fair weather flamingos,

  • Are here for just the day.
  • 1 comment:

    MartininBroda said...

    I'm just survived your Flamingo poetry (I’m too simple to be funny - in English I hope), but nice intention. I will try to be able cope your witty-ness (btw take care of you my dear kind hearted friend).