Sunday, March 04, 2007

Wet Hummingbird


The tiniest hummingbird came up while I was watering the Mexican Sage. It appeared to want to sip from the stream of water from the hose. So, I held the stream really really still so he could get in close without getting doused. He came closer and closer and closer and then whoosh, disappeared. I couldn't see him anymore and could only imagine that he got sucked into the stream of water and washed into the Sage. I shut off the stream of water immediately and was looking at the sage when, whooosh, off he went. Breathing a sigh of relief, I watched as he moved to the honeysuckle bush for some nectar and then perched on the peach tree to preen and dry off a little. He appeared damp but none the worse for the wear. He's shown here drying off.

No comments: