Thursday, March 22, 2007

Studying Hard


I'm still studying hard and enjoying learning all about becoming a patent agent. As it turns out, the class starts up at 8am EST and then, when it gets out around 6pm EST, the West coast people at the office are in full steam sending email and issues. Unfortunately, that means no time to eat, sleep and certainly no time for any sight seeing so...I've snagged a virtual Lincoln and we'll pretent like I had time to go see it. I'd really like to spend a week or two in DC at some point to see the memorials, museums and other attractions. In Patton's famous words, "I shall return." Until then, we have Lincoln. I find it ironic, however, that his inscription talks about preserving the Union (obviously very important) but mentions nothing about emancipation, pehaps, one of his greatest contributions.

No comments: