Saturday, March 18, 2006

Even Sealions Snuggle


These two sealions were having a serious spooning moment. It was so cute and cudly I could not help but snap a picture. So, next time you are having trouble convincing your significant other into some snuggle time, tell him or her that even Sealions snuggle! These two do, certainly. Of course, they were having more of a group snuggle but that is a whole other situation, now isn't it?

I went out on a whale excursion this morning. I hoped to snap a few whale pictures with the new camera and telephoto lens. We did see a juvenile grey whale in San Diego bay, apparently unperturbed by the aircraft carriers and sailboat regatta going by. I managed to see some underwater silouette and a little tail. I'll keep that picture for another day just to see if anyone is actually paying attention.

In the meantime, there was a little stormy weather and the waves were a bit choppy heading out to sea. Perhaps a third of the people were seasick and the barf bags were quite the commodity. While I have an iron consitution as far as never getting seasick, I suspect that I will have to find new company to go out whale watching with next time. I'll leave it at that.

Your homework for the day, if you choose to accept it, is to tell us what the difference is between a sea lion and a seal.

No comments: