Monday, February 20, 2006

The Sun is Back


It was a bright, sunny 50-ish to day. All in all, it was good to get outside. The rain stopped too. A good thing since the roof decided to leak in the last rainstorm (two days ago). It rains so seldom in San Diego that it's been a good month since the roofer "patched" the flashing around the stove vent. As it leaked like a seive, he obviously did a rather poor job. In fact, it leaked more after he "patched" it than it did prior to the roofer mussing with my handiwork. I had gotten up there with a little roofing tar and sealed it up for a few years worth of drizzle. However, I thought I'd do it right this time and hire a roofer. It just goes to show, a contractor's license doesn't necessarily mean they will do a good job. To make it worse, they didn't answer the phone all weekend so I've had a big plastic tub under the vent fan and flourescent light to catch all the water. I may have to find a new roofer...

The surfers in the picture above are from what appears to be a regular surf class at the beach. There's normally about 20 of them all bundled up in wet suits trying to keep from getting washed into each other. I'm tempted to get out there with them but the cold water thing is just not my cup of kona coffee (Hawaii's not a tea type of place, really). So, until I find a way to get back home to Hawaii, it looks like I'll have to settle for skiing and snowboarding (talk about cold...).

No comments: