Thursday, May 25, 2006

San Diego Sunshine


I went swimming tonight at 6:30pm. I love the long days. The nights are warm and the sun hangs low on the horizon for an hour or two. I snagged the sunny side of the pool although I actually had the pool all to myself as everyone else had headed home for dinner. The water was almost too warm and the normally frigid shower was actually tolerable for once. If the weather holds, I may just get back in shape before Summer.

As for the beach, it has been horribly crowded with sun-seekers. You can smell the waft of suntan lotion as you go by the masses of partying people. Parking has also been a bit of a bear, especially with college graduations (and hence college parties) in full swing. However, if you're willing to walk or roller blade a little distance, you can't beat the weather, the long white sand beaches and the cool Pacific water that caressingly washes away the blazing sun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have inspired me to go to the beach late this afternoon (after the crowds have departed) and take a swim in the Atlantic. I'll ride my bike down with a small cooler in the basket, and enjoy myself. Loved the pictures of the goose and the squirrel. My Grandmother used to keep a gaggle of geese and we would pluck the down so she could use it for pillows and such. Great memories. Thanks!