Friday, May 05, 2006

Off to See the Winners


Tomorrow is the big day when they display the winners of the nature photography contest at the Museum of Contemporary Art. As I have not heard boo at this point, I'm assuming that I am among the masses of the not so talented but appreciating public. Of course, when I looked at the sample photos that were on the contest web site, I quicky realized that there is a difference between really nice pictures (that we all sometimes take including myself) and the extraordinary pictures that win these things or that we see hanging in museums of art. There is something about the wow factor in those pictures that just jumps out and grabs you by the arm. Of course, being a relative photo neophyte (albeit with a nice camera), I suppose I have time to figure it out and perhaps someday, snap pictures that jump out and grab people by the arm as well. In the meanwhile, I'll keep torturing you, my faithful audience, with my photos with the hopes of sharing a little of the beauty and magnificence of the world around me.

No comments: