Photos of birds, fish, flowers and miscellaneous things that catch my eye and instill a sense of wonder.
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Opah (Moonfish) at Tamashiro Market in Honolulu on sale for new years. According to Wikipedia, approximately 35 percent of an opah's weight is consumable, with the remaining 65% being bone and thick skin. They live largely on squid and krill and inhabit fairly deep water, occasionally swimming with Tuna.