Monday, May 15, 2006

Photo Contest Winners



I know that some of you really like photos a lot. I thought I'd post the link to the web site with the photo contest winners. I included the thumbnail of "Dragonfly", the Best of Show, by Benjamin R. Miller which was, in my opinion, well deserved although the thumbnail does not do it justice. If you want to see the full size picture, click through to the link.

Ben was standing by his photo answering questions and said that he woke up early in the morning when it was cold and dewey (California mornings are like that due to the marine layer that comes in at night). He went down into Rose Canyon to walk in the reeds. The dragon flys hang out there and get very lethargic when it is cold, allowing you to snap photos ad nauseum. He managed to catch this particular gold dragon fly with dew on it wings in excruciatingly beautiful detail.

No comments: