Saturday, December 20, 2008

On the Wing


Great-Tailed Grackle, Quiscalus mexicanus, Lake Miramar. These range all the way down to Peru. This one was at Lake Miramar and was hanging out looking for a quick snack near the pier from the crowd there feeding the ducks. I love that name! It sounds so exotic. GRACKLE... It just rolls off your tongue. The name has a nice ring to it. You could almost write a little song to it. Beware the great-tailed grackle. He has a sinister cackle. (pah dum pah dum pah dum) Grackle. Grackle. Graaaackle. (Chuckles)

Meanwhile, I'm off to make my way through the holiday crowds to visit Mom. It's kind of a tradition. More pictures when I can... The great news, of course, is that finals are done!!! Yay!!! The bad news is that tuition is due for next semester (ow). Grin. Where is that rich uncle anyhow? Oh wait, maybe I was supposed to be him? I'd better graduate soon.

1 comment:

MartininBroda said...

Congratulations. By the way the exotic view lies in the eyes of the observer, there is nothing like normality, Merry Christmas.