Thursday, August 28, 2008

I'm Not Proud


Cascade, Barry and Coxe Glaciers in the Prince William Sound, Alaska. It is an awesome experience to be up close and personal with those glaciers. The silence broken by the crackle and roar as they calve off huge chunks of ice and your kayak rolls in the resulting wave that blazes through the bay! Wow.


So I dropped a class. I think this is the first time ever. Me, the wonder student. Mr. Smarty pants himself. I stared at the syllabus several times over and, while I really wanted to take that class, I decided I just didn't have the time to do it. Defeat? ...or maybe just some respect for my personal sanity. What's it competing with? The day job, the "night job", the other 9 credits of law courses, the orchid habit, the photo habit and some small modicum of social life. Did I do the right thing? Yeah, I guess so... Happy Thursday! I have to go write out some bills (bleah).

2 comments:

The Hunky Gardener said...

I forced myself to drop a class when I was in college as well and I felt guilty for awhile. But hey, you don't want to burn yourself out! And I would be sad if you stopped posting your awesome photos!

MartininBroda said...

yes indeed your photos are awesome