Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Kansas City


One last trip to Kansas City and then it is off to the new job. The tornados missed Kansas City, having been a few miles out, so I arrived with no flight delays and with relatively little drama (other than a little bit of turbulance outside of Denver). The weather was cool and very pleasant and the setting sun lit up the skies with bright streaks of clouds in myriad greys and blues. It was glorious and it was all I could do to not pull over on the highway and snap all sorts of pictures. I did snap a few, however, and as soon as I get near a USB cable for my camera, I'll post a few.


There were a few fat Canadian geese waiting for me at the hotel. They were waddling around the thick, lush green grass munching. I couldn't tell if they were eating the grass itself or hunting for bugs or, perhaps, a little of both. There were no goslings, however, and I'm guessing I'm a little early.


We went out to dinner with some of our old time customers/business associates. It was great to see them. We have been through thick and thin with them and it brought back many memories. Hopefully, everything will go fine once I'm gone. I'm figuring everyone is replaceable but it'll take a little while for things to settle down.

No comments: