Sunday, May 06, 2007

Back to the Farmer's Market


I caved in and bought an orchid at the Farmer's Market. It's mainly to decorate the kitchen more than anything else. It has a sweet smell that reminds me of carnations. The best thing about orchids is that they last for weeks.


There was a new guy manning the orchid booth at the market. It turns out it's my good friend Ramona's son. Odd that neither of them ever mentioned that they had a son. Anyhow, I asked him what happened to his dad (who normally mans the booth). He tells me his dad passed away in January. I realize, at this point, that I haven't been to the Farmer's market in a really long time. Wow. I hate having people pass away on me. We both agreed that Tom (his dad) was a real character! ;-) He'll be sorely missed. Guess this blog's for Tom. RIP Tom, hope you have as much fun up there as you did down here.

No comments: