Sunday, April 01, 2007

Gorgeous Weather


It's shorts weather again. Of course, some people say it is always shorts weather in San Diego. Either way, love is in the air; the flowers are all in bloom; and the lines in the garden shop are triple length. I, for one, have a brand new tomato plant. The pot probably cost more than a bushel of tomatos from the farmers market but I figured it was a long term investment and it was nice looking. Plus, there is nothing quite like vine ripened tomatoes! That is except for, perhaps, tree-ripened peaches! Yummmm... This year I bought bird netting and we will see if I can keep the birds off of the peaches or not. Last year they bit each peach once so I wouldn't pick them and then ate the peaches at their leisure as they ripened. Smart little guys.

No comments: