Sunday, October 08, 2006

Picture Madness


This is a picture of some soft coral I used to have in my tank. It went back to the pet shop when I accidentally cracked the glass plate that bridges the two sides of the aquarium. However, I still have pictures to remember it by. The saltwater aquarium was a fair amount of work but admittedly, there were so many things living in there that you could stare at it for hours and not see everything.

On another note, I've tested out my old 300mm autofocus lens to see if it is compatible with my new digital camera and to see what kind of magnification you end up with due to the conversion from film to digital. I stood at one side of the room and snapped a picture of the mirror on the other side of the room with both my new 200mm and the old 300mm, guessing that the 300mm ends up more like a 400mm when all is said and done. Sure enough, the old lens not only worked but zoomed in dramatically closer (as you would expect). I'll haul it to the zoo to see how it does in action.

No comments: