Sunday, July 16, 2006

Leopard Shark


Leopard shark in Kelp. Do you suppose he's hungry? Lucky for me there was a bit of glass between me and Guido.

The heatwave continues. Hot and sticky. It was enough to get me outside and pull weeds in the back yard. I noticed that some of the plants have grown significantly and others appear to be suffering badly in the heat. The plants around the sprinkler are the ones growing and the ones being blocked are, as you would guess, the ones that are shriveling up.

A hummingbird came by to buzz around the water from the hose as I watered the plants. It's amazing how tame those little guys are. I suppose they're used to people because of the hummingbird feeder out back. I'm guessing he/she was thirsty and/or hungry as the feeder was dry and the weather is so very hot, even for them. I filled the feeder back, after feeling sorry for the thirsty little guys enduring this heat. Come to think about it, the bees were all buzzing around the sprinkler heads as well. Even the bees are thirsty!

No comments: