Sunday, July 23, 2006

Another Hot Day


The weather was in the high ninety's again. It was very tempting to stay in and avoid the head. However, I gave the air conditioner a little rest and headed out to the mall for a little bit in search of picture frames and mat. As luck would have it, the $40 picture frames were on sale again for a whooping 40% off. That meant that I could stock up! Shop, shop, shop!

I also needed to replace pretty much all of my shoes. My last pair of tennies bit the dust hiking through the a'a lava fields in Kehena, Maui. A'a is the razor sharp, pointy lava where your shoes really earn their keep. Turns out my old running shoes were absolutely shredded by the time I'd been through the lava field twice (but my feet were intact -- a good thing). So, it was off to Nordstrom's rack to check out the discount shoes. Three pairs later (two pairs of running shoes and one pair of dress shoes for work), I was really beginning to wonder if I was going to hate myself come credit card time. Nevertheless, I managed to find one last item in the mall before heading back home and stoking up the air conditioning.

The picture is from the cliffs above Black's Beach in La Jolla, California.

No comments: