Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Wierdest Thing Floated By the Other Day...


Balloons... I was studying for my final the other day and I looked out of my second story window (by my cheesy little foldable table a.k.a. desk) and these mirrored balloons were merrily floating by. By the time I grabbed the camera, they had floated pretty doggone far. I guess there was a breeze. So....I used the little telephoto, a bit of cropping and photo editings and voila, ballons. I thought they were kind of cool (i.e. they survived the delete key) because the silvery surfaces refected the canyon below kind of like the world in upside down and miniature. I suppose that fact that one of them is flat is a commentary as well. My guess is one of the neighbors had a party and someone let go of the balloons trying to load them into the car [Ever try to load a bunch of helium party balloons into a sedan?!!]. Happy Wednesday.

1 comment:

compost in my shoe said...

Nothing worse than seeing them hang, lifeless from 400 year old live oaks in historic Charleston......yuck!