Sunday, March 16, 2008

Spring has Sprung?




Happy Palm Sunday! It's a beautiful sunny day outside here in San Diego (if a bit nippy). It was hailing something awful last night but you wouldn't know it from today's sunshine. The hail was coming down so hard I was wondering if it was going to come through the skylight. I have pictures but it's just the pea sized stuff. Maybe I'll throw up a picture for the next posting.

Meanwhile, the ducklings are out! Yay!!! They are always so adorable. These two were following mom in drinking from the pond. I'm not sure what species they are since most of my books key off of Dad, not Mom and especially not the babies. Mom had a brown head with a white bar just up from the beak and a white bar between the head and the neck. Below the neck she looked kind of like a teal with a patch of purple feather on the wingtip (see picture above!). Suggestions are welcome.

I'm off to enjoy my Sunday! Have a good one.

No comments: