Sunday, February 18, 2007

An Old Creaky Dog


The dog's getting old on me. She has a hard time with steps, especially in the morning when her joints are a little creaky. This morning her legs slipped out from under her while she was going up the steps. I tried to catch her to keep her from sliding down the steps and, in the process sent dog food flying everywhere. I did manage to catch the dog, however. As I cleaned up the dog food (luckily it's the dry stuff), she comes back and looks at me with one of those, "hey, what's taking you so long" kind of looks. I had to laugh at that. I gotta give that dog credit; there was no whining and she didn't slow down a bit. In fact, she was out sniffing in the grass for squirrels as soon as I opened the door. I suppose we could learn something from dogs, creaky or not.

No comments: