Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Some Pretty Nippy Weather


The weatherman says that there's an Alaskan/Arctic cold front camped out on North America. Whatever the case, it's pretty nippy out there compared to our normal balmy San Diego weather. It's dipped down below freezing and caused some $1B in crop damage so brace for really expensive oranges and avocados in the upcoming weeks (kind of an apple guy myself anyhow, lol). The cold has frozen the leaves off of my Banana trees and some of my ferns and I dare say the garden looks a little bedraggled. The neighborhood coyote has taken to sleeping in my fern bed (which drives the dog absolutely nuts), possibly to escape the cold. For you Northerners, I know that this really isn't all THAT COLD... but it's cold for us anyhow.
On another note, the camera is back home from the shop. I dare say I missed it. They claim they couldn't duplicate the problem though so we'll see how long it behaves. So far, so good.

No comments: