Friday, November 03, 2006

Funeral Tomorrow


I had a bad day at work, capping off a really rotten week. It all started with the passing of one of my coworkers. Everyone is down and in a bit of a foul mood. Without going into details on the histrionics at work and why my day was generally miserable, I'll note that I need to write something inspirational in the card for tomorrow but I'm really feeling a bit empty at the moment. I suppose I could just sign it. I sent a nice donation to the American Heart Association at the family's request. Still, there's no sense of closure. Ironically, as my co-worker was from a Catholic family, I'm thinking that something from the Bible might be comforting and I conveniently have 3 or 4 versions of the Bible. Do you suppose that it is hypocritical to put in a bible passage to console a religious family even if you haven't been to church in a really long time? Oh why not...

...okay, it's done. I chose Psalm 23:4, "yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil; for thou art with me...and I will dwell in the house of the Lord Forever."

Farewell old friend...

The photo is of a large, engraved monolithic rock that stands outside Osaka Castle in Japan.

No comments: